COVID-19 Executive Briefing: March 26th
Each day presents new and unexpected challenges. We know the winds of uncertainty will not simply blow over returning us to business as usual. “Usual” is a historical descriptor. How do we respond?
The cultural landscape for gospel-centered Christianity has been in decline for years, but the disruption of COVID-19 presents Christian leaders with unprecedented opportunities to display faithful and courageous leadership that positions our companies for long-term and lasting success. Unforeseen constraints are forcing rapid innovation across multiple industries. We are witnessing companies pivot and adjust to create opportunities in the midst of crisis. The stories of how the Christian business community is responding to COVID-19 disruptions are encouraging, even in the midst of rapidly declining revenues and dried up supply chains.
There is a growing sense of tribal solidarity in the face of an invisible enemy.
Watch the latest update from C12 CEO Mike Sharrow for five ways that organizations in the C12 network are coming together to collaborate on strategic business plans while leveraging their resources to innovatively and compassionately serve their teams, customers, and communities.
Resources & Guidance for COVID-19
Resources to Act:
- COVID-19 Executive Briefing: March 20th – First executive briefing in C12’s COVID-19 series with unique resource links
- Industry-Specific Offense Plays – How CEOs can start proactively pushing through the storm
- C12 COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Tool – Equipping companies to strategically plan and prosper during this season of uncertainty
- Corporate Assistance Programs – Dozens of C12 Members have mobilized turnkey benevolence programs to help vulnerable employees and community members
- Proactive Preparation for the Unknown – C12 curriculum excerpt, December 2016
- Funding Growth & Overcoming Barriers – C12 curriculum excerpt, October 2018
- Cash Flow Basics – C12 curriculum excerpt, October 2012
- Recession-Proofing & Managing through Slowdowns – C12 curriculum excerpt, May 2016
- Leadership in a Season of Crisis – Advice and insight from GLS faculty, expert contributors, and leaders from across the Global Leadership Network
- 90 Ways to Cut Cost – Excerpt from All About Earnings: 100 Ways to Profit in Any Economy by Barry Schimel and Gary Kravitz with actionable ideas for improving cash flow
- Effective remote working and collaboration – Resources, best practices, and tips from LinkedIn Learning
- Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus – Briefings, templates, programs, and guidance from the US Chamber Toolkit for impacted businesses
- 3 Phases of Federal Relief – How the Coronavirus Stimulus Bill affect you
- Understand the Phasing of Relief and early FAQ on CARES Act
Insight & Analysis:
- Which cities will be hit hardest? – Insights by Brookings Institute on employment sectors most vulnerable by market
- Self-Directed IRA/401k Business Financing – Multiple ways to leverage non-traditional resources for business continuity without third-party loans
- Culture Shifts & Mission – Talk by Ed Stetzer at C12’s CURRENT’19 conference describing the high need for the gospel to shape businesses
- Proactive Compassion & Charity – How leveraging donor-advised funds (DAF) now can make a lasting impact
- A Christian Worldview – Podcast from Breakpoint and Colson Center discussing coronavirus
- The Rise of Gospel-Shaped Businesses – Article by Christianity Today
- Leading Beyond the Blizzard: Why Every Organization Is Now a Startup – Podcast from Praxis Labs on the inevitable changes for all businesses going forward
- Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste – Article about the gospel opportunity in crisis and how the love of Jesus can be more evident now
- Courageous Love in a Global Crisis – Turning eyes to the least of these by Peter Greer
- The Heart of Resilient Leadership – Article by Deloitte Insights about combating COVID-19 with resilience
- Making Virtual Teams Work – Ten basic principles by Michael D. Watkins
- Cash is King: Flows, Balances, and Buffer Days Evidence from 600,000 Small Businesses – Paper by JPMorgan Chase & Co Institute about critical vital signs in small businesses
- Remote Chaplaincy – Available by Corporate Chaplains of America
When we reach the other side of COVID-19, the world will look different. What are you doing today that will leave a positive imprint on the altered landscape to come? There is no playbook or cookie-cutter plan. With whom can you cycle through ideas and confidently lead into the unknown? Consider building your inner circle with your peers in a local C12 Group: C12 Locations
Sign-up here for these weekly updates.