Becoming a C12 Member
Benefits for Christian Business Leaders
An eye-opening by-product of C12 membership is the realization that businesses of all sizes and types share many of the same issues, challenges and approaches. Small businesses yearn to operate ‘like Fortune 500 companies’, while large corporations spend a fortune attempting to regain the intimacy, team-work and accountability so often seen in smaller businesses. C12 brings Christian business leaders together with peer Christian Business Owners, CEOs, and Presidents.
Christian business leaders running large thriving companies, and those striving to get there, can all benefit from sound fundamentals regarding: communication, team-building, project management, cash flow, compensation, organizational development, capital/investment, customer management, strategic planning, operating execution, servant leadership, ministry, succession planning, etc. It’s amazing to watch C12 peers sharpen and care for each other with ideas and experience coming from different perspectives and career ‘seasons’, while seeing reality through a shared lens.
The following basic elements are involved with becoming a C12 member:
- Minimum Qualifications: Christian business leaders (CEOs, Owners, or Presidents) with responsibility for five or more employees. Generally, those running businesses with ten or more employees are able to delegate and arrange their schedule to permit regular monthly attendance without interrupting business.
- Group Dynamics: Local C12 groups are intended to be comprised of a diverse mix of non-competing businesses. Each peer group will ideally include folks with various functional strengths (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, engineering, project management, etc.). All members sign a Membership Covenant which promises the following:
- reliable attendance and commitment to healthy group development
- transparent two-way communication (see Five Levels of Communication)
- confidentiality (C12 meetings are intended to be a special ‘safe’, yet challenging, place to achieve monthly rest, refreshment and renewal of mind, body and spirit)
- diligent participation including supporting group unity speaking the truth in love, ministering to others while being ministered to, and remaining current with monthly fees (Ro 13:8)
- Cost: C12 offers tiered pricing based on company size to ensure affordability without compromising excellence/quality.
- Find your local C12 Group by following these basic steps:
- Go to Local C12 Groups and contact your C12 Area Chair (membership applications are administered locally) or go to Contact C12 and let us know of your interest
- If we don’t currently have a group in your area, talk to us about how to get one started and perhaps refer us to a strong local C12 Chair prospect (see Nominate a C12 Candidate)
- We encourage all C12 prospects to visit an existing C12 Group in your region as our complimentary guest to evaluate this unique resource which the Lord has provided!